Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I have arrived!

Well, I am currently sitting in my new living room (great windows by the way...lovely) on Willemstraat in the Jordaan district in Amsterdam. My dear friend Rala met me at the airport with a gerbera daisy, some cute bracelets (that match hers) and "brother Ben". Oh, and also she gave me some snacks which was wonderful because the caterers for the airline are on strike so I was hungry. We had a nice train ride and then walked from central station to here where I was shown my room and met my roommate who also just arrived (her name is Tina and she's from Germany) and I've been meeting a number of other volunteers also. So that's all for now, praise the Lord that I got here safely without mishap! I'm going to settle in a bit before small group dinner.

No comments: