Monday, September 19, 2005

day off

I had yesterday (Sunday) off work. Days off are intended for staff to sleep and relax. But I got up to cycle for 40 minutes to go to Crossroads International Church where Rala was singing. She had told me the songs that would be sung earlier, and I knew all of them, which surprised her. There was one song she hadn't heard before attending Crossroads and wondered how I knew it, but I didn't know. Until we were singing it in church and I saw that it was by Brian Doerksen and Matt Unruh and so I exclaimed "I know him!" and Neal started laughing at me, but it was such a revelation to me. Ok, perhaps it's not that funny, but it just hit me really suddenly I couldn't contain my excitement. So that was my first church experience of the day...
The "second" didn't really end up happening...we cycled to the Christian cafe (in the God Love You building, ownedybe YWAM) where we were to meet Gepke (one of our managers) to attend her church at 3:00. She was late (but called our house just after we'd left) so we asked the cafe workers if they knew of a church that started at 3 and they gave us directions to her church. And so we took off on our bikes, and did end up passing it, but it's not in a church building, it's in a basement, so we definitly did not find it. So we turned around and went back. Oh well, there's always next week.
And my last church experience of the day was Zolder, and Nathalie came again and I got to meet her boyfriend, Mark. It was cool that he came to the service because he openly admits he's not a believer, but we had a really good conversation after the sermon we attended and he asked some good questions. So he is in my prayers (and Nathalie's too, I am sure) and I think Nathalie wants to start attending an Alpha program with him, so that would be neat.

Today is cafe training day. We had all the theoretical information this morning, and we'll have practical training this afternoon. Plus I'm cook (and Tina will help) so it'll be good I think.
Thursday I lead my first Bible discussion and I have no idea what I want to discuss. Suggestions and prayers are both very welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meghs I still can't believe you're in Amsterdam. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Keep on blogging.