Sunday, September 04, 2005

Full day!

Well this morning I cycled to church. It was only, you know, 40 minutes for someone who is in shape. Which I am not. But we left late *not my fault* and so we had to go fast. I was tired, but made it. There is a beautiful park halfway there where I think I will go cycling and frisbeeing and picnicing and tree climbing and such sometime soon. The church is called Crossroads and it is in a school. The platform is in the middle with chairs in a circle completely around it. The band is all around the circle (on the platform) and the pastor turns around while speaking. It works though. Oh, they sang "Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble" and I have never heard that song done so well...the drum beat was super cool and we rocked out so much that I truly felt that the streets were resounding with our singing! Beautiful. Also after the service they had yummy cookies. mm.
haha, so after Crossroads Rala and I cycled back but not to Willemstraat, to Jordan, because we both ahd afternoon shifts. In our prayer time before the shift we sang some worship songs because Freek was the manager on duty and that was very special. Dave helped me out in the kitchen which was such a blessing because I would have gone insane otherwise and probably would still be chopping onions...I had a cry this afternoon, but not a good one, because crying due to onions is almost never a good thing. Also Dave likes techno music, so that was...interesting. After craziness with preparing dinner I went to another church, and Nathalie came along! It was so nice to see her again, even though it has only been a few days since I saw her last, haha. It was in an attic of an apartment building and is coffeehouse style. I enjoyed it, and so did Nathalie which is cool because she usually goes to a traditional Catholic Church. She's going to try to go to one of those in the morning and this one at night if possible I think. Hopefully I can go to her church sometimes too!
Upon our return to Jordan Melissa was being overwhelmed in the cafe so I helped her for a bit. It can get crazy in there sometimes! oi. Well, tomorrow is introduction day! so then I will know what is going on better hopefully. Ok...I am signing off for now because ik ga slapen.

1 comment:

Kellen said...

thanks for your prayers! sounds like you are having a great time...hope it all continues to go well. I'll be praying for you too.
God wijden!