Tuesday, September 13, 2005

the plane left with Leticia not on it

I have to write this one thing, because it's funny, even if it may be potentially embarrassing for Leticia, but she doesn't read this and none of you know her, so I am posting this story. The shortened version. Yesterday we took her to the airport so she could fly back to Bible school in England...but they couldn't find her name on the flight...and why not? because her flight was actually today! She was a day early for her flight. Ok, it was really funny, and it was super cool cuz she made us a Brazilian dinner and we had one more night of samba and salsa dancing and the guys were really good (Frank in particular) so it was fun. I will miss her a lot, but life is full of people who come and go, so it'll be ok.

Funny moment of the day:
This guest, Dave, while seeing me attaching my red tail light (which is necessary when riding your bike at night unless you feel like paying a €50 fine) to the back of my pants asked me "So this is what they mean by the red light district?" and I replied "I'm not open for business" and cycled away. Anyways, it made me laugh.

Today was a good day. The cleaners got done so early I had to keep thinking of specials for them to do. And I was also able to show that I was in authority and wouldn't let them get off easy, and we were able to have fun also. So it was good.

Daniela led a really good Bible Discussion tonight...and it was neat because a lot of it was about things I've been pondering lately. One comment, in particualar, corresponds with the "what if" statement I wrote on an earlier post. Dave said that everything we do is for God's glory...that is the goal. Our purpose is to bring glory to God, and then in heaven it is filled with God's glory, and so glory is what it's all about. Interesting thought to ponder.

No comments: