Sunday, September 11, 2005

Women's work

Haha, today was my first day as cleaner supervisor on my own. And was it ever busy! The cleaners had about 37 beds each, which is at least 10 more than usual, so I had to help make beds and mop floors with them on top of my regular chores, which wasn't a big deal. We got everything done, it just took us a bit longer than usual. Anways, Jimmy and Ricardo had to put away the extra bunk beds and I guess Ricardo didn't help Jimmy do something so he was steaming mad, spouting off at the mouth. so I said "Jimmy, calm down. Tell me what happened."and he's like "it's not your fault, it's that ****ing Ricardo who....blahblahblah. I'm not ****ing spiderman!" and so I said "okay Jimmy, I'll go do that with you, no problem" and he shouts "It's not women's work!" so I told him to go work on his next job, and then Ricardo and I put the beds in the attic, even though he doubted I had muscles enough to lift the frames. I had no problems thank you very much. But Jimmy still wasn't pleased that I had helped, but oh well. He has to get fired up at least twice a day over something, so it's very easy to shrug it off. I find it a little amusing, actually. Oh, but for cleaner time we meditated on Zeph. 3:17 today and I asked them what pictures it brings to mind (after some other discussion) and then shared the picture of God going forward into battle, mighty to save, as the piper with the bagpipes singing over us and I think Jimmy really liked that picture because he is SO Scottish, haha, so pray that that picture doesn't leave his mind but that he keeps thinking about it because I know that he's in a rough spot right now.
On an entirely different note, I cut Magda's hair last night and it looks really cute (and I know Josh is probably shuddering thinking *oh know, Meghs is cutting hair again!* but Magda really likes it and is not wearing a hat, so perhaps it's just your hair that I can't cut very well?).
And also, Leticia is back, well, only for today, but still! We had a lovely time last night (chocolate party and chilling on a dock on a canal) and the four of us (leticia, rala, tina and myself) had really good conversations and got to know each other really well, mostly because Leticia is an excellent question asker. And also, she said that we're double blessings in her life, and that's really sweet. We're all dropping her off at the airport tomorrow, so it will be sad, but we'll make it fun, because there can't not be laughter when we're together. Such as tonight: it will most likely be possible to hear us laughing down the street during our tea and dance parties.
Well, I'm going to go for now...I'm excited that Nathalie can join us for church tonight. That's all for now, folks.

No comments: