Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Does God Exist?

This morning was our first class on apologetics dealing with the idea of God's existence. Basically we ignored (well, put aside would be a better way to put it) the old apologetics' ideas, because really you can't "prove" God. anyway...we looked atRomans 1:16-19 and I was like "whoa, totally was diving into that yesterday!" so it was a cool connection...but the whole idea of people not simply rejecting God, but suppressing their longings for Him, and maybe they don't even know what they're suppressing...it's interesting. I feel like I learned a lot, and probably I'm not putting it into words very well right now...but it's cool to see the connection between the subjective and objective longings of the head and heart. We don't need to focus on one and suppress the other, even if they seem to be contradictory, because in God, they come together and He affirms both longings as good, and encourages both. Maybe this post is a little unclear...sorry! I'll try to clarify later if you want.

ps. happy birthday Joost and all my October cousins (Jessica, Heather, Ashleigh, and Joanne)

No comments: