Friday, October 14, 2005

Good God

I found out today
That things aren't the same
As they've always been.
Sun gives way to rain
Cuz good things change
And it's gonna hurt again.
Was it something I said
Something I didn't say to you?
Was it something I did
Something I didn't do to bring this on myself?

Good God, why'd you let this happen?
What I'm going through
And good God I'm trying not to blame
But could you end it all
If you wanted to?
Help me please to understand this
Good God.

They gave him a crown
And knocked him down
As they laughed at Him.
They pierced his side
And still He died
To save them.
It was nothing He said
No nothing to deserve to be the One.
It was nothing we did
No nothing but a love for us that He would give His Son

Good God, why'd you let it happen?
What they put Him through
And good God He didn't earn the blame
Yet he took it all
Cuz you told him to
Help me please to understand this
Good God
Good God

~Scott Phillips

I'm doing my Bible discussion tomorrow based on this song...prayers welcome!

No comments: