Thursday, October 20, 2005

I'm so Dutch

Ok, nee, but I have become quite adept at riding on the back of bicycles lately. Last night we (Freek, Shanka, Katya, Ryan, and myself) went bowling, and on the way there Katya was stopped by some men and then right after her tire was flat. suspicious? I think so. So anyways, we still had to get to the bowling place, so we did a bike swap deal and Katya rode Ryan's bike and Ryan rode Freek's bike, and Freek rode my bike with me on the back while holding Katya's bike. Please note that my bike technically isn't supposed to be able to carry a second person. So yeah, it's obvious who the real Dutchie was, but I was still proud of myself for sitting sidesaddle on the back with no hands.
Bowling was fun also...Thank you Freek for paying for us all! So nice. I have some cool videos. I love fun bowling! as in, I make up weird moves and don't really worry about hitting the pins. my score at the end of the 9th frame was 20. So I thought "hey, why not bowl normally for the 10th frame?" and I got a spare and then 9 pins down. Way to go me! So I proved to certain skeptics that I really do know how to bowl, it's just more fun not to do it properly. Also, the bowling shoes were so sweet! VELCRO, oh yeah!
Anyways, the way back was fun also because Katya rode my bike with me on the back (because Freek went home cuz it was closer for him) and decided it would be fun to bowl posts with my legs (especially my knees) and also garbage cans with me head (which I narrowly avoided with my quick reflexes). But it was good fun, and I am thankful to her for cycling me home.
Tonight Adeleida cycled me home from Harald's after Thanksgiving. Which was really good, great amount of food and people and everything. minus the fact that I was (and still am) feeling sick (most likely due to that raw beef sandwich Harald convinced me to eat the other day). But we had such a fun time, and laughed so much, it was good stuff. Thank you Harald for your generosity and hospitality!!

No comments: