Saturday, October 15, 2005

Japanese Bob Marley

highlight of yesterday:
I was serving this Japanese guest breakfast and utilizing my very limited, yet quite appropriate Japanese with him (which always brings a smile to my face) and after breakfast he left and then came back with a gift. It was a flag, and he told me I need to plant it where I am now, and then if I ever go back to Japan I need to plant it there. And with a few more of my exquisitly pronounced Japanese phrases, he was gone. (by the way, thanks to Gale Lynch for teaching me the limited Japanese that I know) So I looked at this little flag, and did not recognize it...it was not the Japanese flag (white with red circle in the middle) but still looked Japanesesque with a red dot, and red lines streaming out like rays. Ian says it's a communist flag. so I don't plan on planting it anywhere, but it was fun to speak Japanese to a Bob Marley type of guy.
the end.

No comments: