Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Mozart and Schoenberg

Well, today I worked two shifts...morning cafe and CS. which actually worked out really well, suprisingly. I was very disappointed to discover that it was eggs for breakfast and not pancakes, because I knew that since Harald was nightman the pancakes would already be made which would make my life easier. but alas, it was eggs, and I am not a good egg person but they turned out really nicely today if I do say so myself. so thank you Jesus!
the cleaners today were awesome...such a blessing to have these guys. We had some fun together, and they worked hard and got everything cleaned well and quickly. cool beans.
Tonight Ryan and I went to a concert and Tina and I bought his ticket cuz it's his birthday. *Happy Birthday Rybo!* It was Mozart and Schoenberg, which is quite the interesting combination. As Marco put it "what the gehena were they thinking putting those two together?" haha. But it was incredible. Our seats were behind the orchestra, but the sound was still really good. Normally I like to watch the pianist's hands, but this time I got to watch her face and it was so amazing...She was so into the music (she was conducting as well as playing piano) that she had to wipe away tears a couple times. Excellent evening, and I'm so glad that the 45 euro tickets are only 7 euro 50 for young'uns.
Ooh, tomorrow is my day off! Perhaps I will finally visit the Rijks museum...

No comments: