Thursday, November 03, 2005

look out canal!

so I rode Rala to the Shelter tonight on my bike in the wind...and it went very well. A car even passed on the narrow road and it was fine. but then later there was another car coming and a parked car on the other side of the road was sticking out and there was no room and my brakes are really sketchy and I steered away from the coming car towards the parked car and to avoid hitting it I steered right for the canal which was about a foot in front of me. but thankfully Rala hopped off and helped stop it (the whole drag feet thing isn't super effective) and the canal stayed the way it was...bikeless (at least mine) and meghanless. haha.
Rala lead Bible Discussion tonight on prayer. A girl, Grace, from Malaysia came which was super cool cuz she told me before she decided to go that it has been 10 years since she last went to a Bible study. And she added a lot to the conversation...it was really good. Eran asked a lot of good questions (of course). I never quite know if I should take him seriously or not...I always answer him as though he really means what he says. He loves the role of devil's advocate, but I really think it's at least partially serious. He said tonight he doesn't mean the questions for himself, he's just curious and wants to find out more what we believe and if he was talking to an athiest or a person of different beliefs he'd simply change his questions to challenge their beliefs. but I think on some level at least he really means his questions. and I like that. he asked us to pray that he'll hear God's voice, so please pray along with us that it will happen and be unmistakeable. Haha, the other day another guest, Richard, was eating lunch with us and he found out that Eran is from Israel. He proceeded to ask Eran something about the conflict, and Eran oh-so-innocently asked "what conflict?" and so Richard said "Between Jews and non-Jews" and Eran said "I don't know about this conflict. I'm interested. Tell me about it" and this went on for about five minutes with Richard getting extremely frustrated and loud, and Eran quietly egging him on. It was really amusing, but it made me wonder how often Eran is playing me like that. oh well, I'm happy to answer his queries anyways.
Oh! I got my first Christmas present today! from my dear sis. Dutch Blitz. oh yeah baby! haha...I'll teach these Dutchies how to play...

No comments: