Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas?

It does not feel like Christmas.
Last night Tina and I were talking about the unchristmasy feel this season seems to have this year, and she said, "well, a stable with animals pooping isn't very please. I don't think that was a very 'comfortable' Christmas. Our traditional Christmas celebrations are all manmade." And you know, she's right. It doesn't matter if there's no snow and it doesn't feel like Christmas time at all. We can still be in awe and celebrate the miraculous birth of our Saviour!

The YWAM group from Canada (and Barbados) has been such an encouragement to me...they are fun to be around (freestyle!) and they reach out to the guests. I appreciate their welcoming, outgoing attitudes...it seems like they're fitting in as part of the staff almost. It is also encouraging for me to hear that they find me bubbly and shining because lately I haven't been feeling myself, and it is good to know that God is still working through me even when I'm tired and don't always feel up to it. Praise the Lord for his mercy and grace and strength and power! Oh man, I am in awe. We serve an amazing God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Meg...May you be richly blessed. Love you A&C

Melissa said...

Merry Christmas!