Sunday, December 11, 2005

grossness

so the last day or two have been super crazy...
Well, the other day Adrian (one of our cleaners) quit, but God provided with a new cleaner to start the next day. and that was actually a blessing because it saved us from having to fire Adrian, and the new cleaner is such a hard worker and cheery and all that good jazz.
Then last night Dezso, another cleaner, and the new cleaner, Barry, were caught smoking pot in their dorm. First of all there are signs everywehre that say no smoking except in the garden, and second of all it is well known that we are a drug free hostel. Also, Dezso had been caught smoking pot the day before and had been warned not to do it again or he'd be kicked out. So that lovely task fell to...me. Yup, I had to kick him out and he and Barry made excuses for at least 15 minutes...I had to call Marco in for backup. And also I had to call Ewout at home (which I really didn't want to do because he has a baby and it was late) and then once I told him that the manager said he had to leave, he decided he should talk to Ewout personally and plead his case. I did not allow this, but Rala and I looked up a bunch of homeless shelters and gave him their phone numbers and addresses. About an hour after the pot smoking took place, Dezso finally left.
This morning he came back apparently...because I had to kick him out of "his" bed. He didn't go, so Rose had to do it. This is not a fun aspect of the job. I hate it.
Also today...George (our other cleaner) quit. So we're currently down to one cleaner. absolutely nuts. so please pray that we get new cleaners who will work hard and abide by the rules because it's very unpleasant to force them to leave...yeah.

No comments: