Monday, December 12, 2005

I love Tina

So God knew what He was doing when he put Tina Ermke and Meghan Thomson together as roommates.
Short version of the story: Tina and I are going through a lot of the same things spiritually, and it's been so good to be able to talk to and share with and encourage each other. Such a blessing.
Today during her morning shift, Tina was reading "My Utmost for His Highest" and when she returned to the room she read it for me. The first line of it is "Personality is the unique, limitless part of our life that makes us distinct from everyone else. It is too vast for us even to comprehend." That's about as far as she got before I interrupted through my laughter saying "Just let me laugh for a minute, and then you can keep going." After a few minutes of laughing so hard I cried, I was finally able to explain to her that her pronounciation of "unique" was Eunuch, and I then proceeded to explain to her what that was...oh my. Laughter is good for the soul.
ps, the devo for today was really good. You should read it.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Blablabla I think I've almost learnt all vocabulary in this kind of area in english. I mean I don't wanna start talking about Ryan's...or whatever. But this is Tina. And it is good to laugh about myself. Meghan, thanx for being a blessing in my life. And all the things we are going through together. I love you.

justmeghs said...

maureen,
first of all, that's really funny. i'd love to see what happens when you get your daddy to call the cops in america to deal with the drug problem in amsterdam.
secondly...while we do not ignore the truths of hell, condemnation, and God's justice and wrath, we also do not neglect to preach God's love, forgiveness, mercy and grace. who are we to judge? it is not our job to condemn. perhaps if you spent more time loving and encouraging others rather than condemning them (as did Jesus himself. check out John 8:1-11) you would reach more people. God longs to use us to be his light shining in the darkness...