Friday, December 02, 2005

joy

it's so interesting how Satan tries to get you down in any way possible.
one thing happens and you're feeling kinda bummed, yet determined not to let it spoil your day. Then little frustrations begin popping up because he knows you're already a little down or annoyed or whatever. That happened to me today, but sometimes I found myself laughing at his attempts. I chose joy today, and God has blessed me.
I can laugh (and I would anyways probably) at the recycling lid falling on my head. I can smile at the cleaners who do not do what they're told and do an inadequate job. I can encourage them to do better, and praise them for their hard work. I can look past petty things.
Today had potential to be a kinda blah day. Instead, I am enjoying it and praising God.
Praise Him for never giving up on me and working in my heart to continue to make me a new creation!
He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Amen.

1 comment:

shankabedanka said...

yay! i finally made it to your blog. i've never been here before. it's coolness!