Wednesday, March 15, 2006

life through the eyes of...a moose

Yes, I am a moose. And I am in a place called Amsterdam. How did this happen, you might ask? Truthfully, I do not know...it seems like I woke up from a strange dream. Or maybe I am still asleep? Anyhow, one thing I have to say about this city is that it has lots of water! But I went to take a drink and had to spit it back out! The people in my way looked very angry, but I think they should try to take better care of their water...it is no crystal clear stream I can tell you that much. And the traffic...usually I have the right of way...when I venture out of the forests at home, the cars always stop for me. Or if they don't...they do. There is a different traffic system here. Of course, I always win, but instead of cars coming second and bikes third and pedestrians last, the cyclists seem free to cut in front of cars to a certain extent, and the cars usually wait for them to pass. And the trams...ok, it's possible that they might beat even me.
It is very difficult to get excercise here, but there are a few parks with (get this) trees! and a few other animals. There are no hills, and not many wild animals, mostly just dogs who poop (orange!) everywhere. And the air isn't what you can call fresh and clear...there's always a scent of something...but I think I could get used to this place. Not super homey to bring a flock of meese [brian regan, couldn't resist...MOOSEN] but I'm a bit of a loner anyhow.

5 comments:

justmeghs said...

hmm...we had mousse for dessert tonight...

Dave Stoffer said...

I think the moose needs to go back to Canada

oh my everything!!! said...

BOXEN.






heehee.

Elke said...

orange dog poop?

justmeghs said...

elke, don't tell me you've never seen the orange dog poop. it's everywhere! it's runny, and super stinky, as the staff can testify to due to the fact that i stepped in some during staff photo on staff day. how many times can i say staff in one sentence?

i before e always...
what are you an imbecile brian?
apparently
no, it's: i before e except after c and in words like neighbour and weigh and on weekends and holidays and all throughout may and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say!
that's a hard rule. that's a rough rule!