Sunday, April 30, 2006

queens day

26 years old, visiting Amsterdam for the first time.
"Don't smoke too much" her co-worker warned.
Laughing, she replied, "I don't smoke, don't worry."
A few space cakes later, head in a bucket full of her own vomit, she decides this would be a first and a last experience.
"I'm supposed to be meeting some friends at Leidseplein right now"
"I also" says Matthieu
"Me too" I add
Her friend on the couch moans in agony, "Oh God, make me feel better. God, help me!"
I wonder if she realizes God is already helping her...if it weren't for God this hostel wouldn't be here, these people wouldn't be here. The situation could be a lot worse.
A guest walking by remarks "You make a good nurse"
I shrug, knowing I'm not doing much. Matthieu and Freek got a new mattress and removed the filthy sheets. I stroke her hair until sleep claims her.
The irony? She works for a company called "Dope-free sports"

1 comment:

Dave Stoffer said...

you do make a good nurse