Sunday, May 14, 2006

Nijmegen

So this weekend 12 of us ventured out into the mountains of Nijmegen...mountains being a relative term comparing to the rest of the Netherlands. We called it "Spies in the Land" and since there were 12 of us, we got renamed (based on age).
Our goal was to meet with various people of the city to see if it is spiritually ready for a church plant. We got to have some great conversations with a lot of different people. Many people are seeking some kind of spirituality, but have had bad experiences with the church, or with hypocritical Christians. Often when they were critical about something, I found myself agreeing with them.
Anyhow, Eric already posted a good explanation of what we did in Nijmegen here, so check it out.
One good (and funny) quote Gerard and I heard this weekend: "Orthodox's scare me like hell!"
Sad but true.
Go here to see pictures.
ps, I would like to point out the fact that I can imitate the Nijmegen accent quite well...to the great amusement of the Dutchies.

4 comments:

Marco said...

Ha! You can see my charming white socks on the picture on which I pretend to sleep! Can't you just photoshop them into another picture? ;)

justmeghs said...

hey now, i gave you non-white socks, so you have no excuse :P

Marco said...

I know... I have no excuse, so I'm totally dependend on your mercy ;)

Anonymous said...

meghan... i sent a postcard to heidi, but i addressed it to you. can you give it to her, please???
i know you go to the zolder.
thanks!