Tuesday, June 13, 2006

heaven on earth?

Today I experienced the best of both worlds...I'm enjoying my time here in this beautiful city, and able to go to a lake (reminiscent of summers at home) at the same time. I'm a little sunburnt, but it is so worth it. I went swimming! It has been too long since I've done that, and in a lake (instead of the ocean) is so leuk! Of course, we swam to the other side and back (while leaving our bikes and things unattended...perhaps not the smartest thing to do, but praise the Lord no one touched our stuff) and we also made a synchro routine. Beautiful. I think Christina got it on video, so I'll post it on my photo blog soon.
There were some teen guys jumping off the bridge next to our spot on the shore and so we thought that would be a wonderful idea. Until Anne went around to take pictures from in the water and was standing. So we discovered that it was shallow. I jumped anyways...trying to do some sort of shallow jump/canon ball/whatever wouldn't make me die. It was quite thrilling, even if the water was only up to my chest. So I suppose that it's not quite the same as home, but close enough to make me really extremely happy.
I've also decided that if I'm ever blessed enough to own a house I would LOVE for it to be on a lake or a river (preferably a lake that freezes in winter and can be a skating rink as well). Hmm, too bad Uncle Glenn and Aunt Leona sold their house a decade too early, haha.

1 comment:

oh my everything!!! said...

i would also like to live near water....it would be zo leuk!

let's be neighbors, ok?