Friday, July 07, 2006

these last days

It's really starting to sink in that I'm leaving.
Last night Nynke and I went out for dinner to say goodbye. Only I teared up when we were saying goodbye, so we decided to find a time when we can see each other again.
This means that I will cry in staff meeting today. I really hate crying in front of people.

*very random sidenote: there were two asian girls down here and one just put lotion on the other girl's back and she felt compelled to inform me that "she's my friend. not my girlfriend"*

This is my last shift alone. My last two I'm training Arijaan for reception. Yesterday was my last CS shift. Sunday was my last cafe/sleeper shift.

The cool thing about this time right now is all the awesome conversations I've been a part of. It's always so exciting to see what God is doing in the lives of the guests, cleaners, and staff.
So when I don't think about the fact that I'm leaving in less than a week, life is great!

But the reality is that it's going to be hard...hard to leave all these people I know and love. Hard to leave all the late nights of phase 10...and silent football. (check out my other blog soon for a video of Hannah running past some cafes clucking like a chicken) No more big teddy bear adventures, no more tea parties, no more riding on the backs of bikes, no more plethora of languages...

oh, this sweet girl just said (in the cutest Japanese accent) "thank you for your kindness"

My blogs are always more random when I write them at reception.

These 4 guys just tried out their English on me. "Hi! *hehehe* How are you? *hehehe*" It was really funny.

Well, my shift is almost over and I need to help a lady with her locker. So I will post sometime later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meghan, I already miss you. It is hard for me to realize that you are leaving soon. It is so nice to be home, to hang out with my familĂ˝ and my friends :) I'm looking forward to coming back and to enjoy the last days with my beautiful canadian roomate!
tina

SusanaL said...

hey...i hope you really enjoy these last few days....

Big hug