Tuesday, August 29, 2006

babysitting

I just got back from babysitting next door. Lynn called a while ago asking me to babysit her 7 year old twin girls for an hour while she went to the doctor due to a bladder infection (which she proceeded to describe to me for the next few minutes). Obviously I couldn't not refuse the request of a woman in such intense pain, and headed to the other side of the duplex.
Knowing how to french braid is a handy skill, I've discovered. After braiding Katie and Holly's hair they decided to braid mine...yeah...oops, it fell out!
The girls showed me their birds (very cute) and then Katie read me Green Eggs and Ham while Holly somehow found a clean tampon and thought it was a mouse to make a craft with? Then I helped Holly write in her journal (first entry ever) and then played puppy with Katie. Then we played "Perfection" and then Lynn returned and she chatted with me about how the people who lived here before us were awful and almost set the building on fire. Entertaining story the first time around.
So yup, fun times babysitting...I've discovered I'm not very good at being a dog anymore.

3 comments:

Sarah McAllister said...

that's so cute. I love kids. they are way too fun. the part about the tampon...priceless. I miss you megs!!

Merissa said...

haha sweet. I almost babysat for Lynne once. But then her husband came home while we were still talking on the phone and she didn't need me anymore.
We should have them over for marshmallow roast again before it gets cold. hey check out my links ;)

Elke said...

So did you make a mouse out of the tampon? I think it's pretty clever! ;)