Friday, August 18, 2006

bus friends

So I haven't really made any bus buddies yet. There was a lady I talked to a few times, but she hasn't been at the bus stop this week. There's another lady who always gets on and off the bus in the mornings with me, but the bus is pretty full and I don't consider it to be the most opportune moment to become friends with someone when, as my prof puts it, your bumper is bumping their bumper. But this afternoon I practised my listening skills with two guys talking about sweat and beer. Great topics, I know, but I discovered that while the one makes money simply to drink it away, the other tries to please "his woman". Also, he makes bannisters and when he works on "cheap houses, only 8 million or so" that aren't finished yet (without a roof, etc.) in the winter his glue freezes and he needs heaters to blow on him. Interesting, eh? Ah well, they wished me a nice weekend and I returned the sentiment as I stepped off the bus.
A couple houses down from mine a little boy was playing with his grandpa. They had some cool rocket toy thing that attached to the hose and shot up like a geyser. Pretty cool. I wanted to join them, but resisted the urge and restricted myself to simply saying hello.
I finished my second class today. Well, I still have papers to write (only one done so far) and more books to read, but all the in class stuff is done. And we were told we're not allowed to think about any school stuff this weekend. I'm down with that! I'm looking forward to the break. Although today was really good, and I got to "counsel" someone which was a neat experience. Got some good feedback also, so that was helpful. Oh the laughter and tears we've shared together in that classroom...it's pretty crazy how close you get to a group of 18 people over the course of 2 weeks. People discussed real situation that they're going through and it was intense. Really neat though. Ok, now to begin my weekend! Buh Bye computer!

1 comment:

SusanaL said...

hey...
guess what my mom asked me today?!..."where did you get your aircut? i really like it..." :)

hug