Thursday, August 24, 2006

remnants of dutch culture in me

While there are no Albert Heijn's close by, there is a Safeway. And since there are 6 of us living here with 1 fridge I find myself heading there much more frequently. No, not quite the Dutch daily visit, but every other day or so I'll stop by. When I had class I would stop in (since my bus dropped me off right there) and get fresh fruit daily. Heel leuk. Also, I have successfully passed on my cheesy pancake addiction to my housemates and Stawan. And since gouda is the cheapest cheese at Safeway...guess what kind I've been eating? I think the only other "Dutch" thing I do is speak it a little because Merissa is South African and she speaks Afrikaans so we can mostly communicate to each other, which is quite fun.
P.S. I'm not sure why I linked so many things. Just kinda felt like it. The end.

1 comment:

R said...

Your blog post formatting is difficult on my brain. A few spaces here and there do the cranium good.
Hope Calgary is actually as good as you would make it out to be.