Thursday, August 31, 2006

summer? what's that?

We're all sitting in our house, shivering, with sweaters on. So Julie turns on the heat (which I was unaware of, since I was being a good little girl and reading my book for class) and I notice that my room smells like something is burning. Moments later, the smoke detector is going off and we're following our noses around the house trying to find the source of smoke. We immediately assume that it's the dryer, but it's not turned on. The washer is certainly not smoking. I finally convince everyone that the smell really is coming from my room, but I don't know where it's coming from. I go to turn off my power cord in case something is randomly being fried when I notice hot air blowing out my vent and a strong smell coming with it. Burning dust. So now the heat is off, my room still smells, and the mystery is solved. It's going to be a long winter...

3 comments:

Marco said...

Ha! If you prefer a wussy winter, you should come back overhere I'd say...

justmeghs said...

seriously, today i wore the coat that i wore all winter over there. *sigh*
i know, i'm whining...but it is still august!

Dan Nel said...

I am sick... and therefor the cold makes me have fevers hahah... I have like strnage hot flashes and then I freeze... Im glad that I have blankets for when im cold and a fan for when im hot..
two very important things.
HAve a good day...