Saturday, August 12, 2006

today

Ahh, Saturday.
Started off...reading Egan. Currently the bane of my existence. Still not quite done, but very close.
I took a break and went to the Taste of Calgary with Julie, which was delicious and fun. It was nice to stop being responsible and studious for a few hours too.
Then, of course, I came back to read more Egan. Also I took a nap. And then read some more.
Then I tried to go to church, haha. I did make it, eventually. Only took 2 hours. I took a bus then a train then a bus then I got off at the wrong spot so I just walked. Good thing I brough my map with me, cuz otherwise I'd probably still be wondering around somewhere. Or reading Egan, haha (I brought him along and read on the train). I got to see the Bergmann's though. So that was really cool. Chatted with Alex a bit, and Tanner remembered me (but Emily didn't. sad story.). My how those kids have grown! Riis is 4 (I guess, since they moved 4 years ago) and I haven't seen him since he was a newborn. Ridiculous. So I got my quota of hugs for the day which was very nice, and Tim prayed with me which was also really cool. God has been blessing my time in Calgary already a lot. And I didn't have to fight with public transportation on the way home because I got a ride from "scary" Joel. Apparently he wanted to scare me, but it didn't work. In any case, I am thankful to meet more people and also thankful that knowing them saves me from public transportation, haha.
So now I am taking a little break from, you guessed it, Egan, and writing a blog. Only I don't have much more to say so I guess I'll see what Egan has in store for me, haha.
Also, happy birthday to my bro, and congrats to Suz and Gary!

No comments: