Tuesday, October 31, 2006

halloween

Last week when we went to the Superstore (oh the tired feet after that one) we bought two pumpkins. Thankfully Julie is tall; otherwise I'd have likely fallen into the pumpkin bin. My feet were off the ground and I was balancing on my stomach on a cardboard box. Not the brightest thing I've ever done.
Anyways, we planned on giving one of the pumpkins to the girls next door, but we forgot. So tonight we had 2 uncarved pumpkins and the kids were already trick or treating. So Nicole and I carved them (while listenging to Christmas music!!) and spiced up the pumpkin seeds and popped 'em in the oven and made the upstairs living room look gezellig for Julie's small group.
Bad night to have people over who will be ringing the doorbell when we didn't get candy to give away to all the obnoxiously loud kids dressed up in winter coats.
And on that note I'd like to say that dressing up for halloween when there's snow on the ground and it's minus degress is not the most fun experience I wouldn't think. Anyways, I'm going to post some pictures of our uber cool pumpkins here.

1 comment:

Bettina said...

Hi Meghan!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I was surprised!
Sometimes I hear Tina talking about you, that's why I kind of have the feeling of knowing you because in Shelter times we didn't really talk that much...but anyway: Good to know you! :)
Halloween in Amsterdam was kind of...plain...there was nothing going on. I actually arrived on Halloween Night in Amsterdam. And now I am here for another 2 months. I am excited. Hey, your blog gives me lot of inspiration. Keep on moving!

God bless you in whatever you do!
Bettina