Tuesday, January 16, 2007

dizzy

So I was thinking about posting again, but couldn't think of anything to say...and then I saw Dave's comment. So why not make at least one person happy?

Um, I'm back in Calgary. Had my first class of this semester this morning. Am madly trying to read 2 text books by next Tuesday so I have enough time to write the paper. Have to come up with something(s) creative to do for my Wisdom Lit. class that can be worth half my marks.

Tonight I'm going to the Young Adults thing at church. I'm considering helping out with the youth group and/or starting/joining a home group. I love the people at this church...they're very friendly, and I am always in the business of making new friends.

I think I've posted this song before, but it's my song of the day from yesterday (haven't found one yet for today, so maybe it'll stick around) and I like it, so why not share? It's by Sixpence None the Richer which sadly isn't a band anymore, although Leigh Nash is doing the solo thing. Anyways, here it is.

Dizzy

I'm like Thomas doubting
fingers routing the scars
in your wrist and side
touching flesh will make my mind believe

but I want to be like David
throwing his clothes to the wind
to dance a jig in my skin
and be remade by your cleansing again

I gave you myself
it's all that I have
broken and frail
I'm clay in your hands
and I'm spinning unconcealed
dizzy on this wheel
for you, my love

I'm like Peter crying
crowing burning my ears
still you come near
you take my hand and place in my palm
an eternal chance

but I want to be like David
throwing his clothes to the wind
to dance a jig in my skin
and be remade by your cleansing again

No comments: