Tuesday, January 23, 2007

marci made my day

So apparently I'm really getting back into this blogging thing...or I'm procrastinating. Depends which way you look at it.
Anyways, after class this morning I went to find Marci in the library and had such an encouraging chat. I often wonder what I'm doing in this program since I don't really want to be a counsellor, and yet I know that I am supposed to be here doing this. But still, sometimes it's hard to justify spending this much money on a degree I don't plan on using to make my living. I know that I will definitely be using what I'm learning, but I do not know that it will earn me money. Marci has similar end goals as me...as she put it "I want to work with normal people who are dealing with normal people things." It's true...I don't see myself working with people with pathologies and mental illnesses. I see myself living life with people and encouraging them through the ups and downs that will come. So it is really nice to not be alone, and it helps to confir, this for me when I get discouraged.
Also, we're going to do a project together now, since we're both doing teen depression. So that's really nice to be working with her, and since we both have the teaching background our thought processes are quite similar. I'm quite excited about this project...I mean, I was before, but ever more so now. Cool beans.
And now I will write a paper (see, I don't procrastinate for very long). Doei!

No comments: