Friday, March 02, 2007

breakfast at tiffany's

Sometimes I am caught off-guard by myself. All day I was trying to figure out why I was in a bad mood, as well as trying to fight it, until Merissa commented on how stressed I am. *lightbulb*

We went to our first "Breaking Free" Bible study today...part of me felt frustrated with the way the Bible was interpreted to make it fit the purposes of the study...but part of me liked it because it challenged my thinking, even though it was not necessarily interpreted "correctly".

Last week we were talking about the dangers of Seminary and how there's a risk of losing respect for the Word...I'm scared that that will happen to me. I don't think it will...but part of me is a little more reserved, or simply digs in a different way than before. Which I think is a good thing, because I understand more the circumstances around which it was written and the original audience, etc. So while I may have a more accurate interpretation, that should not eliminate what the Spirit shows me personally through the Scripture. Which means I also cannot discount what others learn through the Scripture. Obviously it is good to test it for truth and not accept everything people find in Scripture because there are a lot of wacky interpretations, but I need to remain open and humble and not closed off to the Word.

This evening we went to The House and Nicole got to play a song...zo mooi! She is so talented. I also took a bunch of good pictures. I'll post some on my photo blog sometime soon probably. (Ben, I missed you and your camera very much tonight. You would have enjoyed it...)

You know what everyone? God is good. And can be trusted.

random slice of a conversation tonight:
"I don't like my profile"
"I don't like it either"

No comments: