Saturday, April 07, 2007

poor cat

Reg, our landlord, has been fixing our roof for the past 2 days. Unfortunately for Gilmore, it's quite loud. The poor guy is terrified. He was hiding under my bed or the couch for much of the morning. He wouldn't even eat his breakfast because it was upstairs and the noises were scaring him, so I brought it downstairs for him (yeah, I spoil him sometimes). Nicole and I dragged him from under the couch and the bed and wrapped him up in blankets and held him like a baby. The blankets are necessary because he has very sharp claws. He got pretty calmed down for a while, but the banging started up again and he got loose from the blanket within which I was holding him (he's a strong fighter). Now I have bloody scratches on my wrist/palm and he's hiding under the couch again where we can't reach him.