Monday, August 06, 2007

whoa, 2 days in a row!

Today for the holiday we went up to Gravenhurst to see Uncle Glenn and Aunt Leona, and Leanne and her kids. On the way we passed the pirate ship, which certainly seemed much larger when I was a child, and also Weber's, but we did not stop for a burger. Alas, I will have to wait another year.
Anyways, it was such a fun day since I have been kid-deprived for quite some time, and Emma Rose and Annie Sunshine are brilliant. We played "hide the marble" (a variation of "the penny game"), rack-o, and phase 10. Emma totally beat me at phase 10. And she's only going into gr. 4. I was quite impressed, even though I did help her quite a bit.
Annie is quite the cuddler and talker. I don't think I've ever heard a 4-year-old with such amazing verbal skills. And she is very assertive. She thought that Emma was making fun of her, so she asked me to ask Emma to stop, but I told her she should ask Emma herself and explain to her that she was being hurt by what Emma was saying. So she did. If I were her I totally just would have been mean back. Only more mean. So wow, having a 4 year old set me a good example :) impressive.
I'll have to visit them in Edmonton sometime this next year for sure.
We got my brother to play tag with us, only because he is so much bigger and faster than us we told him he had to walk with his feet directly in front of each other, toe to heel. Totally hilarious to watch by the way. I think he caught me because I was laughing too hard to move away. My bro is such a good sport, I totally love the guy.
Also, he sleeps in the car the same way I do. And dad. And his dad. With the head back and mouth wide open. We took pictures. mwahahaha. Actually, I totally can't laugh because I am genetically set up to look just as ridiculous myself.
Fun quote of the day:
"We're going for a walk at the wharf"
"Grandma, I didn't know you had a dwarf!"

No comments: