Tuesday, October 30, 2007

sweet relief

So I thought I'd quickly give you an update, since my last post left you thinking I was in a meltdown. Which I was. But am no longer.
What ended up happening is...I decided to drop a course. If you know me at all you know this was not an easy decision, but I do believe that it is the best decision I could have made. I know that my health and sanity are more important than being done everything by April.
Thankfully, I can still graduate in April and then take this last course in the fall. So that is nice.
I am also feeling glad to know where I'll be for at least part next year. I am looking forward to living in Calgary, having a job, taking one course, and being able to live life for real next fall. It seems like so long since I've "really lived" and I know that a lot of that is my own fault for rushing through this two year program in two years. (Oh, wait, is that maybe the school's fault for advertising it as a two year program when it should take at least 2.5, more likely 3 years?)
Regardless, I am glad to be here for longer (even though Ontario weather and beaches are better and fall is way prettier) and I am also so thankful to have some opportunity to being really living right now.
Part of that is getting involved in my church. I have been so blessed to find Awaken, a church that just feels like home. Their vision just fits my heart and I am excited about getting to know the people there more and getting more involved in life and ministry there. (By "there" I suppose I mean the community, not really a specific place. that just seems like the easiest word to use right now)
Anyways, just wanted to calm your fears about my sanity. I am feeling much better, a lot less stressed now that I have one less course to worry about. I'm still really busy, but it's manageable.
Thank you for your prayers! I have really appreciated them.

sidenote: my roomie works at Starbucks and they're allowed to dress up for Halloween tomorrow. She's thinking of going as a Tim Hortons worker. Double-Double anyone?

No comments: