Sunday, June 01, 2008

.hiccups.

I get hiccups a lot.
I don't know why. I've heard that you can get hiccups from eating too quickly. That's not the case with me. So...it's still a mystery.
Yesterday after dinner I began to hiccup, and my brother said maybe I'm allergic to something. How can allergies cause hiccups, I asked.
Well, he said, Laura gets hiccups when she eats...what is it she's allergic to?
Mushrooms, I provided for him. And she doesn't get hiccups...they make her sneeze!
Oh, well, close enough.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I remember this about you. It's cute, though. But yeah... you do get the hiccups more than most people. I think I found a solution to the hiccups! Let me know if it works for you. Instead of the holding your breath as per some advice, tilt your head back and, with your throat as open as possible, inhale as long as you possibly can. Repeat. And try not to do it in public.