Sunday, January 25, 2009

.weary.

Maybe it's just winter blues.
Maybe it's the death of friends' family members.
Maybe it's stress at work.
Maybe it's having high expectations and then not reaching them.
Maybe it's because I haven't been sleeping solidly for a few weeks.
Whatever the reason, I feel weary.
So, I will respond to God's invitation to come and rest.

Psalm 3:5
I sleep and wake up refreshed because you, LORD, protect me.

Psalm 4:8
I can lie down and sleep soundly because you, LORD, will keep me safe.

Here's a song by Considering Lily.

A little too much
Today was a little too much for me
A few falls too many and one win too few

A little too long
Today was a little too long for me
But someone is calling
Calling my name, calling:

"Come, come and rest
All who are weary, rest
Come, come and rest
All who are heavy, rest
Rest"

Sometimes I try
Sometimes I try just a little too hard
Fighting the current and losing the fight

Sometimes I feel
Sometimes I feel like I'm swimming alone
But someone is holding
Holding me up, calling:

Calling me softly and sweetly
Calling me like I'm a child
Calling me though I'm not worthy
Calling me even now

1 comment:

Acemace said...

I hope you feel better soon. Weariness sucks.